What is Smile Makeover?
Smile makeover is a combination of several dental treatment process. Shortly, we can say that it gives you a new smile. For perfection we usually recommend professional teeth whitening to your own teeth and then veneers and crowns to make you have better smile.
Is Smile Makeover Suitable for me?
Your teeth are a sign of health and genetic quality, the better your teeth are, the healthier you look and feel. There’s no denying that most people want whiter teeth and a brighter, more stunning smile.
People with good oral care and dental hygiene but only few aspects of their teeth, gums or lips that hinder a beautiful smile will be eligible for the treatment.
Smile makeovers can treat a wide variety of problems including any combination of the below:
- Crowded and crooked or worn and damaged teeth
- Missing and chipped teeth
- Spacing and Alignment
- Narrow smiles
- Gummy smiles
What are the Benefits of Smile Makeover?
Here are some of the things that you might enjoy after you get your smile makeover.
- Smile design reduces gaps between teeth.
- Smile makeover encourages whiter and brighter smiles.
- It gives you perfectly straight teeth.
- Whiter, brighter teeth can be effective in boosting one’s confidence.
- As you smile and laugh more confidently than ever before, you’ll feel far less stressed, too.
- Teeth that are well looked after can help prevent other health problems. For example; diabetes, heart disease, dementia and lung conditions.
What is Dental Zirconium Crown?
The dental zirconium is zirconium dioxide (ZrO2), sometimes known as zirconia, which is a powdered form of zirconium. Since the 1990’s, zirconium is used for endodontic posts and implants.
Advantages of Zirconium Crown
- Superior looks: Zirconium is white naturally. So it allows the transformations to any shade which match with the rest of your teeth. Zirconium is translucent. Thus, it mimics the translucency of your natural teeth.
- More confident smile: Zirconium has no metal lining at the gums. This is more evident when you smile. Zirconium help you get over this and boost your confidence.
- 100% biocompatible
- Extraordinarily tough: Zirconium crown does not chip off, unlike porcelain. If you maintain it well, it can stay in your mouth forever. It is at least five times stronger than porcelain. It also tolerates chewing or biting forces well. Zirconium crown has a very high flexural strength.
- They bond well with your tooth:Zirconium adhere well to your tooth. Zirconium also has this property, requie less tooth removal than many other types.
- Metal free: However, now since looks are more important to people, they want to look natural and young. Some people also don’t like having metals in their body. Zirconium is most suited for them.
Which Anesthesia Method is used in the Operation?
You and your dentist will decide the need for a local anesthesia. Local anesthesia will numb the area where the crown needs to be placed, without pain or discomfort.
What are the Stages of Smile Makeover?
- Smile Simulation: We design your smile with computer imaging. We’ll help you choose your ideal smile. We show you how it would look after the treatment by using the latest computer technology. We do this simulation at your first appointment.
- 3D Smile Prototype: After simulation, we will transform the imaging picture into a 3D real model. You can check the aesthetics from every angle, and we can check the function. All this is done before we touch a tooth.
- The temporary teeth: The next step is; the teeth are sculpted and temporaries placed that replicate the 3D model exactly. You can trial the proposed smile design in your own mouth. These temporaries can be fine tuned to your precise requirements and any changes can be duplicated in the finished restorations.
- The final veneers: The real veneers or crowns duplicates the smile design in the final restorations and adds the fine color, surface anatomy and texture to bring your new smile to life! And now you are ready for your new big smile!
Smile Makeover Recovery Process
The time for recovery after a smile makeover procedure will depend upon various factors like the type of procedure used and the aesthetic goals desired.
Smile Makeover Aftercare
- Avoid eating high in sugar foods.
- Do not drink alcoholic, and also don’t drink too much coffee, soda or tea.
- Brush two-to-three times each day for maximum effectiveness.
- Mouthwashes containing alcohol have been shown to have a negative effect on composite fillings.
- Flossing is a key factor in removing debris and plaque from the teeth.
- Refrain from biting or chewing hard objects such as pens, staples, metal, bottle caps.
When You Should Call Your Dentist?
If any of side effects continue, you should call your dentist.
How Many Days Needed for the Treatment?
Your treatment can be completed in 2 days.